Our 24 Family Ways (2014)
Our 24 Family Ways (2014)
Title: Our 24 Family Ways--A Family Devotional Guide
Author: Clay Clarkson
Book: Paperback, 8.5x11, 156pp
Publisher: Whole Heart Press
Retail Price: $16.95
WH Store Price: $15.50
Shipping: USPS or UPS
Ship date: within 3 days
This new 2014 version of Our 24 Family Ways includes all of the quality devotional and discipleship content, and line-art coloring pages, from the previous versions, but also now includes Bible memory card templates for NIV, NASB, and NKJV, additional helps pages, and a one page poster of the Ways.
This parent-friendly, Bible-centered family time resource seamlessy weaves together devotional interaction with discipleship instruction for the whole family. This is a tool to train your children in the way they should go, teach them Bible truths and principles, train them in Christian character and values, and strengthen their relationship with the Lord.
Our 24 Family Ways is a multi-purpose family devotional guide that will shape hearts in your home for God and his ways. It’s easy to use and hard to forget! Here’s what’s included:
–120 complete family devotionals…five for each of the Ways, in family-ready ARTS outlines.
–24 easy-to-learn family Ways…24 biblical values in six key areas of family life.
–24 Scripture memory passages…one for each Way, in NIV, NASB, and NKJV.
–24 character quality definitions…one for each Way, in child-friendly language.
–25 original screened illustrations…one for each Way, plus one for Proverbs 22:6.
–25 line art coloring pages…make My 24 Family Ways notebooks for each child.
–24 Scripture memory cards...for each of three Scripture versions on cutout templates.
Our 24 Family Ways grew out of Clay’s desire to integrate lively family devotions with meaningful biblical discipleship in training his children to walk on God’s path of life. Originally published in 1996 in a “flip chart” style to give busy dads a “just add Bible” family devotional plan, O24FW has grown since then into a complete Bible character “curriculum” for families, complete with instructions for making “My 24 Family Ways” binders for each child. Clay is a graduate of Denver Seminary, and has been in vocational Christian ministry most of his adult life. He is the author of Educating the WholeHearted Child, Heartfelt Discipline, and other books for Christian parents.
The only thing missing from this whole family devotional guide is you…to open it and use it. Clear instructions and a generous helping of creative ideas and suggestions are included for using the Ways in your family.
Our 24 Family Ways:
AUTHORITIES — In our family...
1. We love and obey our Lord, Jesus Christ, with wholehearted devotion.
2. We read the Bible and pray to God every day with an open heart.
3. We honor and obey our parents in the Lord with a respectful attitude.
4. We listen to correction and accept discipline with a submissive spirit.
RELATIONSHIPS — In our family...
5. We love one another, treating others with kindness, gentleness, and respect.
6. We serve one another, humbly thinking of the needs of others first.
7. We encourage one another, using only words that build up and bless others.
8. We forgive one another, covering an offense with love when wronged or hurt.
POSSESSIONS — In our family...
9. We are thankful to God for what we have, whether it is a little or a lot.
10. We are content with what we have, not coveting what others have.
11. We are generous with what we have, sharing freely with others.
12. We take care of what we have, using it wisely and responsibly.
WORK — In our family...
13. We are diligent to complete a task promptly and thoroughly when asked.
14. We take initiative to do all of our own work without needing to be told.
15. We work with a cooperative spirit, freely giving and receiving help.
16. We take personal responsibility to keep our home neat and clean at all times.
ATTITUDES — In our family...
17. We choose to be joyful, even when we feel like complaining.
18. We choose to be peacemakers, even when we feel like arguing.
19. We choose to be patient, even when we feel like getting our own way.
20. We choose to be gracious, even when we don’t feel like it.
CHOICES — In our family...
21. We do what we know is right, regardless of what others do or say.
22. We ask before we act when we do not know what is right to do.
23. We exercise self-control at all times and in every kind of situation.
24. We always tell the truth and do not practice deceitfulness of any kind.
About the Author:
Clay Clarkson is the father of four wholehearted children. Our 24 Family Ways grew out of his desire to integrate lively family devotions with meaningful biblical discipleship in training his children to walk on God's path of life. He directs Whole Heart Ministries, is a graduate of Denver Seminary, and has been in vocational Christian ministry most of his adult life. He is the author of Educating the WholeHearted Child, Heartfelt Discipline, and other books for Christian parents.