In this episode, Holly Packiam and her husband, Glenn Packiam, talk about how we can help our kids develop habits of reading. You may remember that in Episode #11, Holly and Jaime discussed their quest as Christians to become lifelong learners and carriers of wisdom. Today, they're focusing this message on our kids.
Glenn Packiam is Associate Senior Pastor at New Life Church in Colorado Springs, Colorado, and the Lead Pastor of New Life Downtown, which is one of the congregations of New Life. He is the author of four books, the most recent of which is Discover the Mystery of Faith (David C. Cook, 2013. Glenn was also one of the founding leaders and songwriters for the Desperation Band and has had the honor of writing and co-writing several well-loved worship songs, like “Your Name” and “My Savior Lives". Glenn holds a BA in Theological/Historical Studies, a Masters in Management, and, after doing two years of graduate work at Fuller Theological Seminary, is now completing a Doctorate in Theology and Ministry at Durham University in the UK (part-time and long-distance, of course).
- Why Psalm 1 addresses desires and habits
- How we can create rhythms-- patterns of practices-- in our lives
- How to incorporate reading into naptime and/or bedtime routines for all ages
- Practical ideas for making reading accessible
- Ideas for reading the Bible as a Story together
- How the Holy Spirit doesn't often override our habits but helps us form new ones